In individual counseling, each person works one-on-one with trained mental health clinician in a safe, caring, and confidential environment.
People seek counseling for a variety of reasons such as:
- eating disorders
- parenting problems
- school difficulties
- job stress
- career changes
- challenging life transitions
Counseling allows individuals to:
- explore their feelings, beliefs, and behaviors
- work through challenging or influential memories
- identify aspects of their lives that they would like to change
- better understand themselves and others
- set personal goals
Counseling can help individuals feel better, feel more satisfied and in control of their lives, and feel a better sense of freedom in general.